Friday, September 23, 2011

How are baseball players selected to the all star game?

Is it really totally by the fans? Because I've been thinking about it and usually fans of a team would usually vote for the players on their team. Therefore, wouldnt the team with the most fans have their players selected to the All-star game? But when I look around (at least in 2008) players like David Wright and Jose Reyes weren't selected for the All-star game even though they play for New York which have a lot of people, and the Mets have a lot of fans. Plus, D. Wright and Reyes are great players themselves.|||Starters are selected by the fans


Reserve position players are selected by the players and managers


Pitchers are selected by the managers of the game.





True baseball fans vote for the deserving players, not all home team players. I voted for A-Rod and I am not a fan of the Yankees or A-Rod (don't even like them, I'm a Rays fan) but he is the best 3rd baseman in the AL.|||the coaches of each team get a say in it a lot of the time like for pitchers|||people vote and the officials pick the pitchers|||Valid point. But I think that the people who actually vote want to preserve the integrity of the game, and vote for the best in each position, whether the player comes from "their"team or not. I know I do, and if I'm not sure who to vote for, I won't vote.|||Fans vote for the starters and the coaches vote on the pitchers and bench|||Exactly what everyone else said is how they are chosen but the big thing is that there are players having a great season and did not make the all-star team because of a big star who is having an ok year but has the big popularity.|||I think the managers choose some of them and the voters choose some. And by the way I think that the red sox and Yankees use up a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment