Friday, September 23, 2011

What Star Wars books should I read up to the Legacy of the Force series?

I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I really want to read the Legacy of the Force series, but I'm trying to read a lot of the major Star Wars books before then so I'll have a better idea of what happened before then. I'm currently reading the Thrawn trilogy, and I've read the first 2 Jedi Academy books. What other books should I read in order to fully understand the Legacy series?|||I am also a huge star wars fan and am currently reading the book star by star which is the 10th book in the New Jedi Order series and am on my way to reading the Legacy of the Force books too. But truth be told I am enjoying these books a lot! The plot is really good and each book has me totally addicted. Anyway, as to what books you should read, here is my list of books I think you should read before Legacy. I will also put one of these things * by each book that is really optional and really don't need to read it to understand Legacy, but is still a great read! Also this is completely in order of the star wars timeline of when all these books take place. So here goes...





The Truce at Bakura* (takes place right after ROTJ and is a great read)





X-Wing Series* (haven't read them yet, but hear they are awesome and will probably read them some time in the future) Includes:


-Rouge Squadron


-Wedge's Gamble


-The Krytos Trap


-The Bacta War


-Wraith Squadron


-Iron Fist


-Solo Command


-Isard's Revenge


-Starfighters of Adumar





The Thrawn Trilogy (one of my favorites and I think a need to read b4 NJO and Legacy)


Includes:


-Heir to the Empire


-Dark Force Rising


-The Last Command





The Jedi Academy Trilogy* (Haven't read, might be good, some people said it wasn't, Instead I would read the next book called I, Jedi)





I, Jedi (only SW book in 1st person. Main character is Corran Horn who is one of my favorite characters and is in the NJO series so you may understand him a bit more in that series if you read this book.)





The Crystal Star *********** (this is a completely OPTIONAL book! My advice: Don't read it. I read two chapters of this book and i couldn't stand it! save yourself the misery and stay away from this book!)





The New Rebellion* (Great read, read it if you want, doesn't matter if you don't)





The Hand of Thrawn Duology (Great books and would definitely read) Includes:


-Specter of the Past


-Vision of the Future





Survivor's Quest and Fool's Bargain* (Read it if you want, they're mostly about Luke and Mara, though not a necessary read.)





Junior Jedi Knights Series and the Young Jedi Knights Series* (Both series I have not read yet and I don't know if I want to. They might be good but I don't know. Either way, I haven't read them and I have had no trouble understanding the New Jedi Order series. Not going to list them cause there is a lot and a waste of time if you really wanna read Legacy as much as I do!)





The New Jedi Order Series (This series is required if you have any hope of understanding the Legacy of the Force Series. But not to worry, it is absolutely great! There are a few if not many depressing moments but there is some happy moments. There's lots of action, with either x-wings, blasters, or lightsabers. There is also a lot of philosophical stuff about how one should use the Force, in which I find rather interesting. I can't express how much I am enjoying this series, and I hope you like it as much as I do at the moment)


Includes:


-Vector Prime


-Dark Tide I: Onslaught


-Dark Tide II: Ruin


-Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial


-Agents of Chaos: Jedi Eclipse


-Balance Point


-Recovery (e-book you might be able to find online, but is included as the prologue in the paperback version of star by star)


-Edge of Victory: Conquest


-Edge of Victory: Rebirth


-Star by Star


-Dark Journey


-Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream


-Enemy Lines: Rebel Stand


-Traitor


-Destiny's Way


-Ylesia (e-book, you will have to find it online)


-Force Heretic: Remnant


-Force Heretic: Refugee


-Force Heretic: Reunion


-The Final Prophecy


-The Unifying Force





The Dark Nest Trilogy (I heard this trilogy is really good and i am looking forward to reading it. I assume this is a bridge between the NJO and the Legacy series so I would read this b4 Legacy.)


Includes:


-The Joiner King


-The Unseen Queen


-The Swarm War





Legacy of the Force (And here's the series you want to read and I can hardly wait to read!)


Includes:


-Betrayal


-Bloodlines


-Tempest


-Exile


-Sacrifice


-Inferno


-Fury


-Revelation


-Invincible





Well there you go, those are my recommendations of what to read and I hope I was helpful! And sorry it was so long I kinda got carried away and I have nothing to do at the moment except answer questions! Anyway I hope you enjoy the books! |||Rupublic Commando series will help you later in Legacy

Report Abuse


|||Wow, you really know your stuff.

Report Abuse


|||new jedi order onward realy i mean yes the others have good stuff to know but that has a lot to do with whats going on

Report Abuse


|||To understand what happened to some of the major characters and the reasons for some of their motivations, you will need to read the New Jedi Order series and the Dark Nest trilogy. The events in these books most heavily influence the happenings of the Legacy of the Force series.





In addition, events from the Jedi Academy trilogy and the Corellian Trilogy are referenced, but don't influence the series quite as much as New Jedi Order and Dark Nest.





These books will give you plenty of reading material (approx. 25 books) before you can even start reading the Legacy of the Force books with full understanding. You can probably get by and follow the story without reading these books, but so much happens in the New Jedi Order that I would recommend reading at least those books.





Other Star Wars books that I enjoyed and would recommend, but won't really help you with the Legacy series are:


Darth Bane: Path of Destruction and Rule of Two


Republic Commando series: Hard Contact, Triple Zero, True Colors, Order 66


The Han Solo Trilogy: The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn


X-Wing series (9 books)


Tatooine Ghost


I, Jedi

No comments:

Post a Comment