Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do i remove the star bolt from my car?

I am removing my backseat in my 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE to change the speakers and came across these two star bolts holding on the seat and i have no star bolt wrench and am wondering where i could either get one for cheap quickly, or how i could remove the bolt without a star bolt wrench.





Thanks for any help.|||Home Depot|||Chances are you are dealing with a torx fastener upwards from T-40...That seat is probably wrenched in pretty solid so I wouldn't recommend any unorthodox method to get it out. If you strip the bolt you are screwed in more then one way....Go to Sears or K-Mart and buy the set you think is right.. Return the set for a refund when you break one or if its the wrong size. Get my hint ?|||Some can be removed with vise grips if the head is out far enough.Most auto parts and hardware stores have star " torx" sockets.|||they're called Torx bolts and the cheapest plae to get the tool is Harbour Freight.|||with a star wrench.

No comments:

Post a Comment