Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What order should I watch the Star Wars movies in?

I have never watched a Star Wars movie.


I am planning on having a marathon, with peanut butter sangas to eat while watching them.


Should I watch them in the order they were released or the order of the story?|||If you want to follow the story correctly then watch them 1-2-3-4-5-6.





Most people say to watch the original trilogy first because they're better, and the prequel trilogy isn't that good (especially number 2). That can be kind of confusing though.





It's up to you really. I watched them originally starting with number 4 and it was a bit confusing, like jumping into the middle of the story... which i guess is pretty much what i did.





I'd say start with episode 1 then watch 2 and 3 and see if you like them. If you're not really into them then move onto the original trilogy (4-5-6.) instead.|||Perhaps you need to schedule 2 weekends:





Weekend 1:


Film release order.


(oh yeah, I tried it this way and at the end of ROTJ the missus was like: "who the hell is that guy?" when the ghosts appear all together cos I couldn't get hold of the un-tarted-about-with versions).





Weekend 2:


LucasArts extended prequel story order.


I have to say I think I could skip the larger parts of both episodes 1 and 2. There are a few scenes which are important for the plot but a LOT of filler. Episode 3 is where the real plot meat of the prequels sits IMHO.


Kind of more satisfying in this order from the point of view of the story arc and making sense of the bits they've tarted about with in the older films, although you do need a 20 year bog-break between episodes 3 and 4.





Maybe reverse the order of these weekends, do the story order first to avoid the WTF??? at the end of ROTJ which might spoil it otherwise.|||Episode I through to Episode VI to follow the story, %26amp; understand the history behind the characters. only watch in the Episode IV, V, VI, I, II, III if you want to see it for the special effects. some may say not to watch I, II, %26amp; III but I beg to differ.|||Honestly, I'd watch it in the order they were released.





That's how they were bought into the public, so that's how it was meant to be seen.


It's up to you if you want to watch it either way.





Also, are you gonna have popcorn too? :D|||I think it would seem more logically sound and pleasing if you watched them in the order of the story :DD|||I'd watch the last three (4,5,6) because it will make watching the first three more interesting as to how everything got the way it is.|||Start with Episode 4: Star Wars then watch Episodes 5 and 6..Then Episodes 1-3. That is how they were released originally G.|||1-2-3-4-5-6


If you do watch it another way, you don't get it. Thats what I did when I watched them for the first time. :)|||There's only one way to watch them: Star Wars, Empire, Jedi.





What's that? Prequels? Never heard of them.|||4-5-6-1-2-3 is the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment